After registering here, you will receive a separate invite to join the ladder from the Global Tennis Network.
All matches are best of 3 sets. To facilitate completion of matches given players' need to book their own courts (which in some places may only be available for 90 minutes), the league will use no-ad scoring (after a deuce, winner of the next point wins the game), and a 10-point tie break in lieu of a 3rd full set.
After the registration deadline, we'll set up match schedules for the season, including "soft" deadlines by which to play your matches. The winner will enter your scores from your matches, and you will be able to view standings in your league.
GLTF reserves the right to modify the league structure based upon player registrations, and/or other factors.
Please be responsive to match scheduling communications from your match opponent, and flexible about scheduling/rescheduling dates (including requests to play after the soft match deadline deate). If one player is primarily at fault for a match not being scheduled or played by the regular season ending date (which is a firm, not soft, deadline), it should be recorded as a default win for the other player.
We intend to generally follow USTA rules (e.g., sportsmanship, self-rating guidelines) for this league. The league will be administered by GLTF's Development Director, Vice President, and/or their delegates. They have discretion to make all decisions in running the league, including but not limited to variation from USTA rules where they deem appropriate. GLTF reserves the right to deny or suspend participation in the league for any reason, including (but not limited to) poor sportsmanship, or a determination that a player is not currently in good standing in our local tennis community (e.g., based upon a USTA suspension, or history of poor sportsmanship). To maintain a fun and fair environment for everyone, participation in this league requires the highest level of sportsmanship (transgressions that may have been permitted in local USTA competition may not be permitted in this league). At the heart of the definition of good sportsmanship is: generosity to your opponent.
Follow all applicable legal restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 panedmic including, but not limited to:
- Any player experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms must notify their opponent by e-mail or text as early as possible that they need to reschedule the match, and not come to the match location. All players should be as flexible and accommoating as possible with rescheduling.
- Any player who feels unsafe or at risk of exposure to Coronavirus for any reason should cease playing immediately.
- Please note that for the safety of all participants and the community, GLTF will observe a zero tolerance policy with respect to any unsafe behavior. GLTF may remove a player from participation in the league in its discretion at any time, and/or take any other action it deems appropriate to address unsafe behavior.
- While we obviously hope this is not necessary, the league is subject to suspension or cancellation at any time if required by law or public health orders/officials.
GLTF ASSUMPTION OF RISK & RELEASE AGREEMENT
Playing tennis and attending tennis-related events (collectively “Tennis Activities”) involves the risk of injury. Risks range from minor injuries to major injuries, such as catastrophic injuries including death. With the emergency of the COVID-19 pandemic, Tennis Activities and social activities now also present the risk of COVID-19 infection, which can cause very serious illness and/or death. Hereafter, the above-referenced risks of injuries and COVID-19 infection are referred to as the “Risks.” For clarity, this document applies to all GLTF Tennis activities or social activities that you participate in after you sign this document.
For and in consideration of permitting you to participate in any Gay and Lesbian Tennis Federation’s (“GLTF’s”) Tennis Activities and/or social activities, you:
- Understand and voluntarily accept the Risks;
- Release and waive any claims you may have against GLTF, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents and independent contractors (“GLTF Releasees”) for any illness (including, but not limited to, COVID-19 infection), injury, including, without limitation, personal, bodily, or mental injury, economic loss or any damage to you, your spouse, guests, unborn child, or relatives resulting from any negligence of any of the GLTF Releasees, or anyone on their behalf, or anyone else participating in or otherwise present at such Tennis Activities or social activities.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the GLTF Releasees harmless against any liability, damages, defense costs, including attorney fees, or from any other costs incurred in connection with claims for illness (including, but not limited to, COVID-19 infection), bodily injury, wrongful death or property damage caused by your negligence or other wrongful acts or omissions. You further agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify the GLTF Releasees from all liability, damages, defense costs, including attorney fees, or from any other costs incurred in connection with claims for illness, bodily injury, wrongful death or property damage brought by you, your guests, or minors, even if any of the GLTF Releasees were negligent.
Further, you understand and acknowledge that GLTF does not own, operate, manage, or supervise any tennis courts, and is not responsible for the maintenance, equipment, or safety conditions of any tennis court (including, but not limited to, the tennis courts at San Francisco State University, and Davie Stadium).
In addition, you agree that you are solely responsible for being familiar and complying with mandatory and recommended practices to prevent COVID-19 infection of yourself and others. If for any reason you believe that participating in a GLTF activity is unsafe (including, but not limited to, unsafe conduct of another participant in the activity), you agree to immediately cease participation in the activity.